What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a form pressure massage used to stimulate specific reflex points on the feet or hands in order to restore balance to the body and a sense of well-being.
Modern Reflexology is based on an ancient form of therapy. There is evidence to suggest it was practiced around 5,000 years ago in Egypt where wall carvings in the tomb of, Ankmahor, a prominent physician, depicted him applying pressure with his hands to his patient’s feet.
Zone Therapy, pioneered by Dr William Fitzgerald, divides the body into ten longitudinal zones. The zones help to create a map of the body on the feet. When pressure is applied to the reflex points on the feet, a reflexologist can locate blockages and imbalances and through stimulation, can help to release the blockages, restoring flow through the zones and encouraging the body’s natural healing process.
It may also bring relief from a wide range of conditions such as:
- Hormonal imbalances and Menstrual problems
- Fertility issues
- Headaches & Migraine
- Stress and Anxiety
- Digestive conditions, IBS and Eating disorders
- Sleep problems
- Chronic pain relief and Back pain
- Respiratory disorders such as Asthma
- Strengthening of the immune system
- Bereavement or Loss
Benefits may include:
- Pain relief
- Deep relaxation and reduced stress levels
- Improved circulation
- Cleansing the body of toxins
- Stimulation of the immune system
- Encouraging healing and feelings of well-being